Thursday, November 8, 2012

On the Job Photographer

First, the sun came out. It's been awhile, so I think you can imagine my joy. Second, the ice melted back off the lake. Now, I truly am ready for winter, but it will be fun to get out fishing one more time. We are planning to take out the pedal boat and Victor's three foot fishing pole (it's designed for ice fishing, but it's the only one we have.)

Back to my day... Today was the big cement pour for the cottage we are building a foundation for so we can have it warm enough to use for the winter season without freezing all our pipes. I got to be the photographer, yes, I am always the photographer, but today was especially exciting. I thought the Cement truck was going to topple a few times. Let me show you.


No problem, right, we are pouring from the side, all is well.

Ah, trying to get around to the front, ploughed right through the fire pit, into the "forest"
and put his  trough between three trees. It didn't work

Here my friend appears to be driving right over the beam that is holding the cottage up. This too did not really work

Here we made another approach from the back and smashed one of the sand piles, which is okay.
I was certain his truck we going to capsize! This worked a little bit.

Here we tried to get to it by heading almost to the beach. The problem is the cabin is so close to the beach there is no where for him to line up the hose to get the cement to the front of the building.


No, he was not pouring cement into the window. In the end, they had to shovel a whole lot of cement!
Jeff did not like this much




No comments:

Post a Comment