Saturday, January 26, 2013

Cold Feet

Seems my feet won't warm up... ever again. But we know this isn't true. Our first winter here is awesome. There are so many things that are new to us. Living on the shores of a frozen lake is one. Did you know that the ice groans? Different tones based on how cold it is. The snow here is different than Groveland snow too. The lightest flakes of stunning white. Sometimes you can't even see that it is snowing but for the accumlation on the ground. It billows with the wind too, like a bridal veil fall in Yosemite, whisping around. It's quite odd really.

The enormity of the color variations just by a matter of sunny vs. cloudy day. The extremes seem more so here than they did in California, and perhaps they are, or maybe the newness of so many things makes them appear more extreme. I don't know which answer is closer to right, but so far, we seem to like it.

This is one of my favorite bedroom views. This is from Cabin 5, the front room with views of the lake and grounds.

Sunny days are warmer, regardless of what the thermometer says!

There are a million ways to enjoy winter. Blowing snow with the John Deere is just one of them!
 
I call this my dancing tree.

Many winter days we keep a fire going. It is so homey. I like to have one in the evening too.

There we go, safe ice walking. I have two pairs of these, join us?

That's my proof. COLD!

Sunsets can be very colorful.

Over his belly. I bet his feet are cold!


No comments:

Post a Comment