Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Catching a Break

We did finally catch a tiny break from the awful weather. So much so that I boldly put a dock in knowing there is still a whole lot of ice on the lake. While our bay is clear of ice, there is still plenty over in the West Bay. I hope they keep it there.

One thing that I am reminded of in these last five days how emotional these weather changes are. In Groveland at the Hotel Charlotte it was the annual spring opening of Tioga Pass, usually not until Memorial Day weekend. This year the pass through Yosemite National Park opened on Friday, the earliest in decades. This event signals the coming of the guests... much like ice out and the putting in of docks does here in the Northwoods.

Now that that hurdle been reached I feel no matter what else comes up, we really will be ready for the summer visitors. Heck, I have one dock in... bring your boats.

How do you spell RELIEF?

I too this photo Saturday, May third, opening day for fishing.
The ice was still strong enough to hold me. Not that I went out far...! 

This photo was taken on Sunday on Little St. Germain Lake, just around the
bay from Cedaroma Lodge a the Bayview 5 cabin. The bay appears to be about 1/3 cleared of ice


This photo I took on May 6th, late afternoon. What ice?

In the water here is my Dad, he is like  a kid in the spring wanting to help us with all the projects, fun or not! We are quite a team. Yesterday we both wadered up and got the dock in, in spite of the ice watery temperatures! Thanks Dad!

I feel renewed, refreshed, rejuvenated.... Like a million bucks... But I guess that is just normal Spring stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment